The Rt Revd Paul Davies
- The Rt Revd Paul Davies became the 6th Bishop of Dorking in September 2023.
- He was previously the Archdeacon of Surrey in the Diocese of Guildford, a position he held from 2017.
- He seeks to bring ‘a strategic head and pastoral heart’ to the three main priorities in his role:
- stewardship of our environment
- nurturing the faith of young people
- encouraging vocations
- Born and raised in Pembrokeshire, Paul spent the first 20 years of his ministry serving his native Church in Wales. Following a curacy at St David's Cathedral, he was a country parson in rural Pembrokeshire and then vicar of a post-industrial town in Carmarthenshire (as well as being the Diocesan Director of Ordinands) before serving as Archdeacon of Bangor and Anglesey in North Wales.
- Paul is married to Louise, a town planner, and they have two children in higher education.
- In his spare time, Paul enjoys woodwork, bellringing, supporting the Welsh rugby team, anything nautical (having served on lifeboat crews for many years), and in middle age has discovered running, which he finds is a great way to appreciate Surrey.