The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is an established service for managing regular giving, designed to support churches to fund their mission and ministry. It reduces the burden of work on church volunteers and provides a simple and secure service to givers.
You can also watch our 60 minute webinar on the Parish Giving Scheme:
More about PGS benefits
- It's free and your church receives the full value of all donations every month
- Gift Aid is automatically processed every month, reducing admin for church volunteers and improving cash flow
- Givers can choose to automatically increase their giving by the rate of inflation every year. This tackles the problem of 'static giving', where people’s giving ordinarily remains the same year on year, while the costs of the church rise continually, due to inflation
- Givers can sign up by paper form, over the telephone or online, making it a great resource for both rural and urban parishes
- Parish Giving Scheme now offer a One-Off Giving Option for flexibility
- Adopting a new scheme offers a great opportunity to discuss regular giving with the church community.
Registering your Church for PGS
Download and complete the following and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Aid small donations scheme (GASDS) eligibility
In any tax year GASDS eligibility is 10 times the amount of donations for which the church submits a Gift Aid claim to HMRC. This excludes donations received through the Parish Giving Scheme so to be eligible for GASDS all PGS churches will need to submit at least one direct Gift Aid claim each tax year. To be able to claim the maximum amount of GASDS (£8,000) the church will need to submit a claim for Gift Aid on £800 of donations (800 x 10 = £8,000).
Contact David Senior, Mission Enabler for Stewardship and Evangelism.