- Peter was appointed Director of Mission (and Ministry) in 2019, having served in the diocese as Vicar of Christ Church Woking for 17 years.
- Prior to being Vicar at Christ Church, Peter was curate at St Barnabas Kensington and trained for ministry at Wycliffe Theological College.
- He thrives in seeing people of all ages and backgrounds coming to faith, growing in faith and serving God in the world and the church.
- He leads the Mission team, which focuses on mission and ministry in various forms, from community transformation to training people in leadership (e.g. ordination), and equipping churches for reaching out into their communities.
- He grew up in a missionary family, and was very influenced by Church Mission Society youth camps as a teenager.
- Originally he trained as a doctor, specialising in palliative care of people with AIDS.
- He has also been a foster carer for ten years, alongside his wife, Clare, and their three grown-up children.
- Peter loves sailing, occasional golf, good food and going away in his campervan whenever he gets the chance.